Social media and the growing reliance on technology comes with a steep price:
You become a prisoner to distractions. At any given moment, there are billions of stimuli vying for your attention. And the more you give into distractions, the harder your life becomes.
Your anxiety levels explode. Your peace of mind becomes non-existent. And you even sabotage your relationships.
In this episode, you’ll discover the most effective ways to balance your humanity with technology.
Listen now and you’ll be a happier, more productive version of yourself by the end of the episode.
Show highlights include:
- The sneaky way information prevents you from reaching your goals (even if it seems like it’s helping) ([1:09])
- The “Massage” method for retaining information instead of losing 88% of it within 24 hours ([1:52])
- How overusing the internet sabotages your memory, attention, focus, and even your relationships ([2:42])
- Why pulling your phone out while you wait in line hinders the growth of your mind ([5:33])
- How something as “harmless” as checking your email can eat 2 hours out of your day ([7:16])
- The “Date Every Day” secret for calming your worries and recharging your batteries ([9:50])
- The weird way sleeping in helps you accomplish 8 hours of work in only 4 hours ([12:10])
Do you want to stop existing and start living your best life right now? Click here to get the first chapter of Dr. Rick’s best-selling book, Lessons From a Third Grade Dropout, for free.
If you want to connect with Allyson, the psychotherapist mentioned in today’s show, visit her website at: https://woodinvillepsychotherapist.com/.