Many people view solitude as a negative experience. But often this comes from confusing solitude with loneliness.
Done right, solitude provides nearly unlimited opportunities for reflection and personal growth.
In this episode, I discuss the benefits of life-changing benefits of solitude, why we avoid being alone, and ways you can begin practicing solitude immediately.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why solitude got a bad reputation and how it can improve your life immediately ([1:37])
- Scientific evidence that solitude makes you more creative ([7:04])
- How daydreaming makes your life better and how solitude makes you better at it ([7:51])
- Why having alone time reduces depression ([8:33])
- The truth about why we seek “noise” and avoid being along with our thoughts ([10:56])
Do you want to stop existing and start living your best life right now? Click here to get the first chapter of Dr. Rick’s best-selling book, Lessons From a Third Grade Dropout, for free.