Human beings are designed for suffering.
That’s the bad news.
And do you know what else we’re designed for? We’re designed to recover from traumatic, painful, and heartbreaking experiences.
But here’s the problem:
We let despair get in the way of grief — which prolongs our suffering and makes healing impossible.
In this episode, you’ll discover how to grieve properly, so you can recover from any gut-wrenching situation that comes your way.
Listen now and discover why grief is a gift.
Show highlights include:
- The counterintuitive reason pain and suffering lead to peace and bliss (even if it doesn’t feel like it right now) ([0:36])
How growing up in America leaves you crippled for healing from your pain and trauma ([1:17])
- The psychotherapist’s secret for recovering from gut-wrenching experiences (without developing a wicked sense of PTSD) ([3:38])
- How to heal from a traumatic situation like losing your first wife ([5:51])
- The empowering “grief is a gift” mindset tweak which frees you from the chains of suffering ([8:09])
- Why despair prolongs your suffering (and how grief kick starts the natural healing process) ([8:47])
- How this book helps you overcome trauma faster than anything you’ve ever tried before ([10:50])
Do you want to stop existing and start living your best life right now? Click here to get the first chapter of Dr. Rick’s best-selling book, Lessons From a Third Grade Dropout, for free.
If you want to connect with Allyson, the psychotherapist mentioned in today’s show, visit her website at: https://woodinvillepsychotherapist.com/.